Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Down Breaking Dawn

YAY!! The 4th and final book of the Twilight series belongs to me!! I spent Saturday afternoon and evening reading through the first 300 pages. On Sunday, I made time for the next 150 pages. Got through a few pages on the train and almost missed my stop :o)

I'm on page 463 of 754 pages, and here is my impression so far (without spoilers).
  • Of the four books, the first, Twilight, is my favorite. It was stuffed with consuming emotion that made it necessary for me to inhale it within a 24-hour period. The remaining books were good too, just not as good as the first.
  • I like Jacob more now, and his perspective had me cracking up laughing. He's funny.
  • As with some of the other books, there is so much explanation. Necessary explanation, but not all that captivating.
  • I think I already know how book four will end, but I'm still looking forward to reading it.
  • I'm not in a rush to get back to the book, but I also feel like I have to read it when I'm not doing anything pressing. So, there is definitely a draw.

I'll let you know how the last half of the book goes.

Toodles :o)

No comments: